Recordings: Write the Future Music and Tech Conference
On 28th April 2022 Liverpool City Region Music Board hosted ‘Write the Future: Music Technology Conference’ in Liverpool City Centre, showcasing the emerging technologies transforming the evolving music industry and creating immersive music experiences for fans.
For those who were unable to attend the event, full recordings are now available on our YouTube channel.
Influential creatives from across the UK came to Liverpool to discuss and demonstrate various immersive technologies, including Virtual Reality, Spatial Audio, Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality, while also contemplating the future ambitions for connected fan experiences.
The event was split into three parts, and so has been recorded as a three-part playlist.
Representative of LCR Music Board and Head of UNESCO City of Music Liverpool, Kevin McManus, said: “The Liverpool City Region Music Board is extremely proud to have hosted this pioneering event; providing a superb learning opportunity for local creatives, and ensuring that our city region has its finger on the pulse in terms of technology and innovation in music.”
At the conference, Meta (parent company of Facebook/Instagram/Quest) spoke about music marketing best practice across Facebook and Instagram. They also discussed the opportunity for music in emerging technologies like AR & VR; bringing those to life with recent case studies with their record label partners.
The event’s high-profile line-up of panelists included:
- Jane Kinnard, Creative Shop at Meta: Provided ‘An introduction to music and the metaverse’ as part of a panel with Ali Proctor Walsh, Producer, Creative Shop at Meta; Natalie Kelly, Global Client Solutions Manager at Meta, plus Sophie Alexander, Marketing Manager at 3Beat Productions; she discussed music marketing best practice a deep dive into various music case studies and use of AI, AR and VR.
- Dawn Paine (ex CMO at Nintendo & Universal Pictures) and Valerie Bounds (Award winning digital strategy lead for 25 years) Co-founders of Aurora. They talked about the ‘Convergence of music, gaming, film and tech in 2022 and the road ahead.’ in conversation with Vanessa Bakewell, Global client Partner, Music & Movies at Meta
- Sam Wiehl, Visual Artist: Explained his real-time visualisation collaborations with artists including Ladytron and Mogwai, and his work in innovative audience experience with events like Psychfest (a festival of art, tech and music).
- Phil Charnock, Draw and Code: Discussed their immersive technology work in the music industry, including augmented reality projects with Pink Floyd, Sony and more.
- Garry Heywood, Kinicho: Showcased their pioneering work in spatial sound experiences and software.
Sign up for latest news
Receive updates and invitations from the Liverpool City Region Music Board